Shipping options are available for most apparel and accessory items. Orders typically ship within one business day of being placed.
In-store pickup is available for all items, including bikes. Due to our dealer agreements, we cannot ship new bicycles from most brands (including Giant & Bianchi).
|Order Amount||Standard (Ground) Shipping||2-Day Shipping||In-Store Pickup|
Please note that some items (bicycles, wheels and other items with large dimension to weight ratios) may be subject to additional shipping and handling charges because of size and/or weight.
Shipping rates apply to lower 48 US states only. Shipping is available to HI, AK and internationally but is subject to higher shipping rates. Please contact us prior to placing your order if you live outside of the lower 48 states to get an accurate shipping quote.
We will gladly accept returns within 30 days of original purchase date (15 days on new bicycles). Items must be in like-new condition, complete with original packaging and include all manuals, accessories and additional parts originally provided with the product. Opened, damaged and used merchandise cannot be returned; please see our exchange and warranty policies for handling of such merchandise that does not qualify for a return.
- All returns must be presented with original receipt.
- Food products and skin care products without protective seal may not be returned.
- Cycling clothing and shoes that have been used, worn or washed may not be returned.
- Some special order items may not be returned or exchanged. Re-stocking fee may apply.
- Special order items for custom builds and any personalized/customized merchandise may not be returned or exchanged.
- Special order items are defined as any merchandise which is not normally stocked in-store, please check with an associate for clarification on whether any purchases or orders you have placed are Special Order items.
- Clearance and Closeout merchandise may not be returned or exchanged. This includes all previous model-year bicycles, clothing, parts, accessories or any item marked as clearance or closeout. Bicycles are considered “previous model year” 1 month after a new model year replacement is introduced or on January 1 the year following the model year of a given bicycle – whichever date occurs first.
- All gift card sales are final, and gift cards cannot be returned.
- We reserve the right to decline the return of your item(s), or assess a re-stocking fee if any of the above terms have not been followed.
- If you are unsure as to the specific return policy for a given order or sale, please consult with a store employee prior to placing any order. All transactions are subject to these terms once a special order, sales order, layaway or work order receipt has been generated.
- We reserve the right to issue refunds under $50 either in cash or as a refund to the card originally charged. Refunds over $50 may either be issued as a refund to the card originally charged or via check.
Exchanges may be offered for items that do not meet the terms for a return. Items being returned shortly after the 30/15 day return period or not meeting other return requirements may be offered in-store credit. Store credit issued for returns is subject to our standard gift-card policy and applicable NYS law.
Most items, including all new bicycles and components, include a manufacturer warranty. Please ask a store employee for more information regarding your particular item’s warranty.
- Unless otherwise specified, warranties on products cover manufacturer/production defects only. Warranties do not typically cover damage caused by improper use, improper installation, continued use after damage, or damage occurring from the above or from rider error.
- Most products are covered by a one-year from date of purchase warranty. Bicycle frames often include lifetime coverage for recreational models and 1-5 year coverage on high-end, performance and racing models. Full-suspension frames often have different warranty policies for the front triangle, linkage and rear-triangle/swing-arm. Please refer to your individual product’s documentation for warranty specifics.
- Bicycles are made from many individual components, the policy covering the frame is often different and from a separate manufacturer than the other components.
- Warranties, unless otherwise specified, do not cover shipping costs or labor charges involved in replacing a warrantied part. The customer is responsible for the fees.
- Unless otherwise specified, warranties are only valid for the original purchaser and cannot be transferred.
- Most companies will require an original proof-of-purchase from the original owner, regardless of where the item was purchased.
Ride of Pleasantville offers 1-year (from date of purchase) of complimentary tune-ups (Standard Tune-Up Service, $70 value) for all new bicycle purchases. We will extend one tune-up service to most customers who do not take advantage of this offer during the first year of ownership. This offer is extended to the original owner and is non-transferable, nor can it be exchanged, declined or otherwise exchanged for any monetary value. All service work performed by Ride of Pleasantville is guaranteed to be free from errors in workmanship for 30 days.
In-store pickup is free for all items, including bikes. Most orders will be ready within one business day. Please keep in mind that some items may require additional processing time to transfer from off-site locations. Other items may require additional processing time for assembly. We will call or email you once your order is ready for pickup.
If you need an item right away, please call us to confirm that the product is available before heading over to our store. Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders need to be picked up within 30 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information you provide to us and prevents outside parties from being able to "see" your transaction information. When your account information is displayed on your screen, we only display the last five digits of your credit card numbers. You also have the choice of whether or not to save credit card information with us in your Online Account.
We sometimes use other companies (third-party service providers) to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders and delivering packages. They need access to some personal information in order to perform their duties but may not use this information for other purposes.
Prices and Information
Our website is intended to help you. We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices in our online catalog. And we strive for similar accuracy and timeliness with the other information we offer here. However, inventory or pricing errors may occur, and we reserve the right to decline or cancel any orders where mistakes or discrepancies in price or stock status exist regardless of the source of the error. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors you find to our attention on your next visit or by calling or emailing us. Thank you!